5 Elks National, State & Local Scholarships: Most Valuable Student, Legacy Award, Past Exalted Ruler's, Golf & Vocational Scholarships
For Applications & Information to the following 5 scholarships, go to: https://www.nebraskaelks.org/scholarships.php
(1) ELKS NATIONAL FOUNDATION MOST VALUABLE STUDENT (MVS) SCHOLARSHIP Online applications: https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm
Scholarships are available only to students who enroll in four-year undergraduate degree programs at accredited U.S. American colleges or universities. It is acceptable for a student to enroll in a two-year college for the first two years of the four-year program. An independent selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the recipients considering:
Academic achievements and records
DEADLINE: One site says: Online Submission deadline date November 15
(2) ELKS NATIONAL FOUNDATION LEGACY AWARD
For the 2023 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2020, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2020, is eligible to apply. This can only be completed online https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/Legacy.cfm
DEADLINE: Online Submission: FEBRUARY 6
(3) ELKS-NEBRASKA PAST EXALTED RULER’S SCHOLARSHIP
Application can be found at this site: https://www.nebraskaelks.org/pdf/perapp.pdf
Six one time grants are awarded (3 boy 3 girl) in the amount of $1250 for the first place, $1000 for second place, and $800 for third place winners at the state level. These are open to high school seniors. Applications may be copied, the application must be filled in completely, and the basic emphasis in judging will be on NEED. Applications must be received at a Nebraska Elks Lodge by February 15th.
1. Open to any high school senior.
2. The application blank must be filled out completely with all blanks filled in. All other information must be attached to the application.
3. BASIC EMPHASIS WILL BE ON NEED.
4. No restrictions on the type of school you will attend; I.e., may be Beauty School, Community College, Trade School, 2 or 4 year college.
5. Limited to one boy and one girl application from each lodge. In other words, each lodge may receive several entries, but must select one each to be submitted to State PER Scholarship Committee for pre-judging.
6. The enclosed application blanks will be the only ones judged. All previous forms are null and void.
7. ALL INFORMATION SUBMITTED IN THIS APPLICATION IS SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE NEBRASKA ELKS ASSOCIATION.
8. Students may apply to only ONE Elks Lodge.
9. All applications should be returned to the local Lodge by February 15th for judging
DEADLINE: Your completed application must be turned in to your local Elks Lodge member, Roger Lampe, by FEBRUARY 15
(4) NEBRASKA ELKS ASSOCIATION GOLF SCHOLARSHIP
1. Complete the application blank in full. Must be signed and dated.
2. Must be a participant in high school golf and plan to participate in a college golf program.
3. May attend either a two or four year college.
4. Be certain that the Exalted Ruler has signed the application.
5. Limited to one applicant from each lodge. Each Lodge may receive several applications, but must select the best one to be submitted. All applications must be submitted to the Lodge or Roger Lampe by February 1 for judging.
Application can be found at this site: https://www.nebraskaelks.org/pdf/golfapp.pdf
DEADLINE: Your completed application must be turned in to your local Elks Lodge no later than February 1 OR take it to Roger Lampe by February 15
(5) ELKS-NEBRASKA VOCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP GRANT
This scholarship is intended to support high school seniors who wish to pursue 2-year vocational studies at a community college or other 2-year programs. This is a competitive, need-based, assistance scholarship.
Applicant must be: • High School Senior graduating from a Nebraska High School • Intending to study a vocational program after high school graduation • United States Citizen at the time of application.
Application can be found at this site: https://www.nebraskaelks.org/pdf/neavocapp.pdf
DEADLINE: Postmarked by February 15 RETURN ALL MATERIALS TO: Dr. Candace Walton, Nebraska Scholarship Chair, 4019 Cannon Road, Grand Island, Nebraska 68803