Easton J Vonderschmidt Memorial Scholarship
2023 Value: $500 – Non-Renewable
Easton was a 16-yr old, incoming Junior at Falls City Sacred Heart, when he tragically died in a car accident in July 2017. Easton was an outstanding young man, with a bright future, who exemplified many qualities, largely character. Easton’s character was quite distinctive to him. He was known to be respectful in any situation. He showed compassion towards others, and had great faith and integrity. He was sincere, had self-control, and perseverance. He never gave up, and was always loyal to his friends and family. Aside from character, Easton participated in many school activities such as football, basketball, track, Helping Hands, Publications, and youth group. He maintained a 3.6 GPA, and was an active member and altar boy at Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church. Easton gave back to his community he so loved by coaching summer recreation ball teams, co-teaching summer bible school, and volunteering at many activities in town. He loved to be a part of many activities and organizations, and was elected Class Treasurer for his upcoming Junior year.
Easton was the oldest of four children, having two sisters, and a brother. Family values were extremely important to him, as well as being a role model for his three younger siblings. He strived to be someone they looked up to and respected. Even though he was entering his Junior year of high school, he never tired of spending time with his family. From Easter Egg hunts, to pumpkin patches, to movie outings, he was there, because family was so very important to him.
Students will be judged on the following components:
1) Character – Obtain two letters of recommendation. One from a teacher who can attest to your character. One from a coach, principal, boss, etc., but outside the classroom, who knows your character well.
2) Family Values – Please tell us a little about your immediate family, and what family means to you.
3) Academics – Please attach a copy of your transcript showing your grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
4) School Activities – On a separate sheet of paper, please list your school activities in the following two areas: Non-athletic and Athletic (include the number of years of participation)
5) Leadership/Service – On a separate sheet of paper, please list your community activities, service projects, and organizations in which you have participated, with an approximate amount of time, as well as detailing your job and/or contribution to the activity/organization.
6) Essay – Write a short essay, approximately 200-400 words, on what character is to you, and how your character will affect your ability to succeed after high school.
7) A Senior attending Falls City High School.
8) Registered to attend a two-year or four-year college or university, or a trade school (the award will be given following the first proven semester, trimester, or quarter of academic performance).
9) Complete the attached application.
10) Applications are being accepted now and need to be turned in no later than Thursday, March 31, 2023.
**This award is given to one Senior who best exemplifies the qualities of character, academics, service, family values, and leadership during their time in high school as Easton did. This student should demonstrate the ability to succeed post high school. The recipient will be chosen by an anonymous two-judge panel whom are business members in the community.
Easton Vonderschmidt Application