Superintendent's District Update
The Falls City Public Schools held its regular monthly board meeting on Monday, March 13, 2023. Here are the highlights of the meeting.
FCPS Annual Report 2021-2022 – Curriculum Director Meghan Robeson prepared and presented the annual written report informing the public on information required by the Nebraska Department of Education Rule 10 Accreditation. The 2021-2022 Annual Report provides information specific to the FCPS related to school system demographics, district financial information, and student achievement data from the State Assessment Instruments as Required by Statute. The school district annual report will be published on the FCPS website on March 17, 2023.
YouScience aptitude and career discovery program coming to Falls City High in 2023 – Ethan Sullivan, assistant high school principal, presented information on YouScience, a new and widely utilized aptitude measurement tool designed to create personalized pathways for students. The program uses technology and proven research to uncover student aptitudes, then connect these aptitudes to careers and educational pathways designed to help students find relevance in school and confidence beyond. Education’s number one goal is preparing students for the future, and this new tool will provide FCPS students with career oriented planning guidance.
Nebraska Clean Diesel School Bus Rebate Awarded - The Nebraska Clean Diesel Program school bus rebate project awarded to FCPS will provide reimbursement of $21,000 for the new 2023 Blue Bird the school district took possession of in February 2023. As per the rebate program requirements, FCPS will scrap a district owned 2001 Freightliner bus chassis and diesel engine after the school year ends and submit the reimbursement documentation materials to the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy.
The District 56 Board of Education acted on several items before concluding the regular meeting.
1. Approved the Final Reading on Policy Reviews and Revisions: 1) 3114 Opioid Overdose Prevention and Response; 2) 6211 Classified Staff Employment Terms; 3) 7130 Student Searches; 4) 7144 Bed Bugs; 5) 7145 Class Rank; 6) 7210 Homeschool Students
2. Accepted Teacher Resignations Effective May 19, 2023: 1) Terry Clark, special education teacher.
3. Approved the Certified Faculty Employment Contract: 1) Allie Phillips, Instrumental Music
4. Approved 2023-2024 contracts for high school principal Gale Dunkhas with a salary of $109,555, high school assistant principal Ethan Sullivan $89,760, elementary principal Shelly Leyden $95,760, middle school principal Jack Bangert $98,756, special education director-assistant principal Wendy Craig $87,647.
5. Approved the 2023-2024 ESU 4 Agreement for Special Education Services
The next regular monthly Board of Education meeting is scheduled for April 10, 2023 at 7:00 P.M. in the Central Office in Falls City Middle School. Regular and special meeting agendas are kept in the Office of the Superintendent, Tim Heckenlively.
Falls City Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status or economic status in its programs, activities and employment.