2019 - 2020 Scholarship Opportunities
Read each scholarship opportunity that is posted. If you meet the criteria, download the forms from this website by clicking on the actual PDF box and neatly fill out the scholarship application form, OR go to the websites listed to download/fill out the scholarship forms. Stop by the counseling office if you have any questions about all that is posted here. Above all....MEET THE DEADLINES!
Click on the scholarship name in the table below to go to a description of the scholarship. The .pdf image indicates that you can click on the image to download a scholarship application. Most of the applications have been made into fillable forms, so they can be saved, once information is typed on them.
FINAL SENIOR FORMS TO FILL OUT
|Final High School Transcript Form
Tell me where your FINAL HS Transcript needs to be sent.
Every will need to fill this out. Even if you don't need it sent, put N/A and it with you signature.
|Request a Transcript from SCC
You MUST request SCC to send your College Transcript to the college you'll be attending in the Fall 2020. I cannot send your COLLEGE Transcripts... just your Final HS Transcript
|Due in MAY|
|The Beverly Crofford Memorial Scholarship
|Due in June|
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: 2019-2020
The Beverly Crofford Memorial Scholarship was created on behalf of my late mother-in-law. As a family, we wanted to represent and carry on the memory of this magnificent woman. Beverly never wavered from what she believed in. This was working hard, taking care of her family, putting other people first and above all, God. Two scholarships are being offered in her memory. One scholarship for $500 will go to a student attending any trade school. This was very important to Beverly. She always believed in supporting the underdog and supporting anyone who went to trade school. Beverly worked in the office as a purchasing agent at Woodings-Verona for many years and then retired from Great Western Bank after 15 years of service. Secondly, one scholarship for $500 will go to a student pursuing a career in nursing/healthcare/medical. Nursing is a challenging job in so many ways, at the same time it is very rewarding in return. April 20, 2018, Beverly was diagnosed with stage 4 single cell sarcoma. By July 6, 2018 she was gone. Seeing what she went through and the care she received, we believe it is very important to support the nursing community.
*Attach HS Transcript
**Please write a one-page summary on why you would be the best candidate to receive this scholarship.
Return your completed Application, Transcript & One Page Summary to the address below OR email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR return to Ms. Barker no later than May 15th.
DEADLINE: May 15
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: In order to be considered for a scholarship award, you must:
1. Reside in Nebraska, with special consideration given to students residing in the eastern one-third of the state;
2. Demonstrate financial need;
3. Demonstrate a likelihood of academic success in chosen field of study;
4. Attend a Nebraska-based institution of higher learning;
5. Complete and sign the Application;
6. Include a certified copy of your high school transcript;
7. Include two letters of recommendation from instructors, advisors or counselors; and
8. Include an educational commitment essay of no more than 1 page relating to the impact of a higher education
on your permanent career objectives.
9. Other factors, obstacles or extenuating circumstances of the family such as financial burden, medical
expenses, death of a parent, and/or disabilities factor into the decision-making process.
April 15 NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE: June 1
Four scholarships (one of $2000 and two of $500 and several at $150) will be awarded to incoming freshmen in the majors of engineering architecture and science. Applicants will be evaluated on several factors including grades, character, involvement in school and community activities, job experience and timeliness of scholarship application. The Sooner, the better. The first step is for you to fill out your UNL/STEM application online. Representatives of Triangle will contact applicants to arrange interviews starting in March and ending in June.
Deadline is June 9
The online application is available at their website: www.triangleunl.org
Request a Transcript from SCC to be sent to the college you'll be attending in the Fall 2020
SCC provides transcripts via three methods: Use the Transcript Request Form, use WebAdvisor through The Hub or Electronic request.
Use the Transcript Request Form
Request Using WebAdvisor
SCC will not issue a transcript if the student or contracting agency responsible for payment of student tuition has financial obligations to the College. Transcripts may be picked up or mailed as requested after 3-5 working days from the date of the request.
Official transcripts will bear the College Seal and are signed by the Director of Registration and Records or an Associate Registrar. Official transcripts issued to the student will be stamped “Issued to Student.” All transcripts from the SCC Registration and Records Office are official transcripts.
- Please complete the printable Transcript Request Form.
- You can FAX your completed Transcript Request Form, but the College cannot return the transcript by FAX.
- Walk-in (immediate) transcript service is available at a cost of $5 per request.
- There is a limit of 5 transcripts per request.
- Students must log into The Hub to submit their transcript request. Students who do not remember their Hub log-in, please contact the SCC Helpdesk. Students who did not have a log-in to The Hub while attending SCC cannot use this method of requesting a transcript.
- Once on The Hub, go into WebAdvisor for Students under Academic Profile and click on Transcript Request.
- Complete the information and submit your request.
- Requests submitted through WebAdvisor will be processed within 3-5 working days of the request.
- Electronic transcripts can be ordered online 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse and delivered in as little as 15 minutes if there are no holds on your student account.
- Students who attended SCC prior to 1994 cannot use this method of requesting a transcript.
- There is a $2.25 charge per request. Students can use any major credit card, which is not charged until the transcript is sent electronically.
- Students can request order tracking updates by email, online and/or text message.
- Delivery options include electronic PDF, mail or hold for pickup.
Visit http://www.actstudent.org for addtional information. ACT Test Dates for 2019-2020 Test Date . . .
Transfer Nebraska: The "one-stop shop" for course transfer is the Transfer Nebraska website developed in collaboration with the Univeristy, state college system and community colleges. This website shows transferability among . . .
The College Board released Education Pays: The Benefits of Higher Education for Individuals and Society , which documents the ways in which both individuals and society as a whole benefite from increased levels of education. Click here for a . . .
Do you want to learn how to compare college award letters, make college comparisons, plan college funding, or learn how to fill out the FAFSA? What does it take to apply for jobs, choose the best credit card, or get out . . .
The Falls City High School Guidance Department provides a variety of information and opportunities for students and their parents. PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Counseling is a process of helping people by assisting them in making . . .