Southeast Nebraska Health Department:
The Falls City Public School district has gone into the Orange plan effective Monday, November 16, 2020. According to the Southeast Nebraska Health Department Covid dial, Richardson County is in the Orange. Due to the number of positive cases of Covid and quarantining of students the district has decided to go to the Orange plan. Elementary Schools will be making the needed adjustments so we can continue to operate in person with our students.
The information below will provide guidance.
General Guidance for Orange Conditions
● Mask/Face coverings required to be worn by all
● No one will be allowed into the building without a mask/face covering
● Reduced transitions of students in building
● Be cautious of physical distancing
● Limit gatherings
Falls City Elementary Schools Orange Plan
Falls City Elementary Schools will continue to have students in school Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. The details of the plan are as follows:
1. Drop-off/Pick-up will remain the same, but want to encourage social distancing.
2. Temperatures will continue to be taken upon entering the building, and students will report directly to classrooms.
3. Everyone entering the building will be required to wear a mask/face covering to enter.
4. Students will go to recess with their mask/face coverings. At this time they will be given a mask/face covering break. However, before re-entering the building students and staff will have to put their mask/face covering back on.
5. Students will stay in their classroom for all elective classes except physical education. The music, art, librarian, and guidance teachers will come to the classroom.
6. All students and staff will follow social distancing guidelines whenever possible during classroom instruction.
7. Individual student supplies will be strongly encouraged.
Advantages of our Orange Plan
- This helps reduce high risk areas.
- This could possibly reduce the quarantining of students to more self-monitoring.
- This will help aid in contact tracing.
- This will continue our ability to have students learn in person.