A Plan for Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Pursuant to the Federal American Rescue Plan Act, Section 2001(i) – ESSER III
Falls City Public Schools
July 9, 2021
Maintaining Health and Safety
· Buildings open
· School conducted as normal
· Face coverings not required for staff and students.
· Breakfast and lunch served in cafeteria and meal activities continue as normal.
· Hand washing and respiratory etiquette emphasized.
· Cleaning and maintaining healthy facilities.
· Appropriate accommodations for children with disabilities with respect to the health and safety policies.
· Coordination with State and local health officials. Including the needs for support and technical assistance to implement strategies consistent to the greatest extent practicable, with relevant CDC guidance.
· During this coming school year, Falls City Public Schools will remain committed to enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols. We will also continue with frequent hand sanitizing and washing the best we can.
Ensuring Continuity of Services
The Falls City Public Schools will ensure continuity of services, including but not limited to services to address students’ academic needs and students’ and staff’s social, emotional, mental health, and other needs, which may include student health and food services. The ESSER III plan will identify key components described in the district's Renewal and Acceleration strategy and safe return to in-person instruction and continuity of services.
Public Comment Requirements
The Falls City Public Schools surveyed stakeholders through a Renewal and Acceleration Survey. The purpose of this survey is to help the school understand stakeholder expectations, hopes, and concerns for the school year (Fall 2021). The feedback will be used to inform our district's Renewal and Acceleration strategy and safe return to in-person instruction and continuity of services.
The Falls City Public School District ensures that this plan is in an understandable and uniform format; is to the extent practicable written in a language that our parents can understand or, if not practicable to provide written translations to a parent with limited English proficiency, will be orally translated for such a parent; and upon request by a parent who is an individual with a disability as defined by the ADA, will be provided in an alternative format accessible to that parent.
View a PDF copy of the plan here.